DIFC have updated their employment laws, effective 90 calendar days after 30 May 2019 (date of enactment).
Employer-focused provisions include:
- expansion of employee duties
- reduction of the statutory sick pay
- limiting the application of mandatory late penalty payments for end-of-service settlements
- recognising settlement agreements between employers and employees
Employee-focused provisions include:
- introduction of five days of paternity leave
- penalties for discrimination.
Details of the new law can be viewed here